Monday, July 2, 2012

Question Time, pt. 2 (of Mikes & Men)

Happy, happy Monday my loves!!! Are you having a fantastic day??? I certainly hope so!!! What could possibly make your day better? Well, part two of Question Time, of course!!! Enjoy (please!)!!!


In my attempt to be that amazing mom who always has super cute pictures of her super adorable children sitting in perfect pose with pleasant little perfect smiles, I opted to have sibling photos taken of my kids. My kids who are never fond of each other at the appropriate times refused to cooperate. They would not hold hands, sit next to each other, look at each other or share any prop with each other let alone any space with any kind of close proximity to each other. I tried everything....beatings, bribery, emotional manipulation, threats, food, time out, yelling, whispering forcefully, and even my own adult style two year old tantrum...I was paying hundreds and I would get a good picture! Nothing...I still got nothing from them. Anyway our amazing, talented and extremely patient photographer tried her best but what I ended up with was mostly a series of pictures showcasing warring siblings, stubbornness, and orneriness. I have frowns, scowls, fights, parental discipline, pouts,  and apparently horrified reactions to nose picking...but no smiles....no love. I remember your mom once stating that you are not a real mom until you have at least 2 children....I think I get that at this point.

So here is my question: has this type of thing ever happened to you? And even if it hasn't, in your opinion what is the appropriate maternal reaction to this situation? How should a mother handle/cope with this?


Was the photo shoot a complete epic failure? I'm not sure but I'm sure it will be used as blackmail I'm my son in his dating years. ;)



-submitted by Sara T.


So, I have to tell you, getting professional pictures taken is about as close to hell on earth as it gets... You start off with stress because you're paying a freaking ton of money to get these pictures taken, then you have to try and make your kids look perfect (which they HATE), then you have to try and make them do things (which they also HATE)... Kids can smell stress like a shark smells blood in the water.  The slightest hint, and you are dead meat.

 Of course, I've had this type of thing happen to me more times than I can count... My oldest is easy to get a picture of at this point, but getting my little one to sit still and/or smile without looking like she's trying to bite you is basically impossible.  I swear, not even a National Geographic photographer could get a decent picture of my kids both smiling and looking the same direction.

So, after 9 years of this torture, I've learned something: there's nothing you can do. Probably not what you want to hear, but there is just NOTHING to be done about it.  As you said, you did everything, tried everything, and seriously, the more you try, the worse they get.  In my opinion, be it ever flawed and humble, your best bet is to just give up and tell yourself, "It is what it is, my kids are cute, this is who they are and how they're acting, and that's what we're going to have a picture of." It's not possible to change their behavior for picture day, believe me, I've tried in a million different ways.  In fact, I have a lovely series of photos of Sunny in which you can clearly see Cheerios in her mouth because that was the only thing that would stop her from freaking out long enough to get a picture.

I have to tell you, I think your picture is absolutely priceless... It is ADORABLE!!! Honestly, I love it.  It is so full of personality, they both look as cute as they can be, and it's funny.  And definitely not boring.  I think the more time that goes by, the more you are going to love this... In 20 years when they're all grown up you're going to get such a kick out of looking at these photos!  This picture is really pretty special, much more so than just a picture of perfect hands and faces.

So if you could have a lap dance from ANY of the guys on Magic Mike, who would it be and why?
-submitted by Jennifer W.




Oh. My. Lord.

Um...............

Wait, what???

Seriously, I'm supposed to be typing when I'm staring down a 24 pack of some of the finest abs this world has ever seen???

You guys, I feel like I'm getting lost in a sea of muscular dreams right now.

Yeah, so, anyway, about the lap dance.

Oh, there, that's better... I have now typed down far enough to where I can only see their feet so I'm good now.

Well, you would think this would be an easy question to answer, but it's not... So much tan musculature to choose from!!!  There is an early favorite, a carry over from True Blood, in Joe Manganiello. He is gorgeous!!!  However, in choosing him I would be getting into some dangerous territory.  My bff Gina has already laid claim to that particular hot body, and I can't take a chance on getting these baby blues clawed out... So, sadly, Joe is disqualified.

That leaves me with Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey, Alex Pettyfer, and Matt Bomer. Quite the hunk quandary, I must say. 

I'm going to go ahead and take Matt Bomer out of the running right away as well.  Now don't get me wrong, he's gorgeous, but for some reason he just doesn't do it for me... I dunno, are his eyes TOO piercing? Are his abs TOO defined? Either way, this is not the man I want to swing a banana hammock in my face.

Matthew McConaughey... Oh Matthew!  He's been hot for years, and there is something super sexy about him to be sure.  However, that man is pretty much always shirtless.  I've been looking at Matthew's half nude form for at least 10 years, so much so that I really feel as if I've already had that lap dance.  I need a newer set of washboards.

Now, to break the current two way tie between Alex Pettyfer and Channing Tatum...

I have to tell you, when I first started thinking about this question (and trust me, I've been doing a LOT of thinking about this question), I took a careful look at all of these gentlemen and decided I would definitely choose Alex.  He is suuuuuper dreamy & there is something about this picture


that made me feel a little giddy. Oh my... Smolder!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!! Okay, sorry guys, I'm distracted by the picture again... Must skip a line so I am no longer staring at a perfect mouth and jawline.

One more line, and...

There, safety!  So anyway, this dude is amazing looking & has none of the "been there done that" factor of Matthew, because I've never seen him before.  Oh man, it is a lucky girl indeed that would get a lap dance from this particular stripper.

(Incidentally, as a side note:  I don't think real life male strippers look like this, really I don't.  I feel like they are probably all about 20 lbs overweight, have jerry curl mullets, and are trying to make some extra cash to support a gambling addiction.)

However, that being said, I want to get my lap dance from Channing Tatum.  I must confess, at first, I didn't even consider him.  He was the first one I took out of the running.  I was sort on Channing Tatum overload because so many ladies are currently lusting after him, and I didn't quite get it. I mean, he's cute and everything, but he's not devastatingly handsome like Sir Alex.  However, I just saw 21 Jump Street and he was soooo adorable and charming in that movie, I decided that is the man I want to get some second hand body glitter from. Meow!!! Oh, also, this picture:


I mean, I feel like he should get the dumb sunglasses out of his mouth, but otherwise, not too shabby. 

So, Channing Tatum, you win!!! You get to give me a lap dance!!! I'm sure he'll be thrilled when he finds out.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week, and if you have to do laundry, find a set of washboard abs to do it on, won't you? 

4 comments:

  1. It's between Joe and Channing for sure...I mean, Matthew seems like he oils himself up and gives himself a lap dance in the privacy of his own home if you know what I mean and that's not sexy. Channing is very cute, but with a little bit of facial hair, my hubby kinda looks like Joe and if he could just get the body roll down, I'd put his naughty bits a banana hammock in a heartbeat and have him pump away. But if I found myself on Ellen with surprise guest it would have to be Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Matthew's been flaunting himself out there for far too long to hold any appeal whatsoever. Too bad for him, he doesn't get to give me a lap dance now! Joe is definitely the hottest of all of them, but like I said, I have to look out for my peepers!!! Tell Michael to keep practicing, you could have your own private showing of Magic Mike any time you want!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh My Lanta!!!! This is absolutely what i was hoping for in a reply. You never fail me Mandy in your witty writing and thank you so much for answering me. I won't tell you about the hot bodies until you actually see the movie, but you are so on! The first scene of the movie will totally satisfy your decision. I have two words: buttocks and quads baby!!! JNFR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer!!! It was such a fun question!!! Also, a great excuse to stare at some hot bodies for the better part of a day! I cannot wait to see the movie, it better show up in our theater like, NOW!!! Don't worry Channing, you can give me that lap dance soon enough! LOL!!!

      Delete