Friday, June 8, 2012

Open Mic, Open Heart

You know that whole dream bomb detonation I've been talking about for months and months...? Well, I totally blew that thing up!!!  I went and did my open mic night at Manny's in Billings!!!  I wish I could say I remember every detail, but honestly, it's kind of a blur.  The one thing I remember very clearly though?  The feel of that sweet, sweet microphone in my hand.  Ah, it was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.!!!

I was so nervous beforehand, it's the one time in my adult life that I could honestly see myself wetting my pants in fright.  My hands went numb and my arms were tingling, but I didn't drop the mic, so I'm pretty happy with that.  I'm posting the video below, and I hope you guys enjoy it.  Please keep in mind, this is the very first time I've ever done anything like this... So be gentle friends, be gentle.

My wonderful friend Gina came with me and video-d for me, and since she was watching, my head got cut off a time or two.  Which actually, I think is a good thing.  With this face, a little goes a long way.

At times you can barely hear me over the talking of the crowd... I went on 10th out of 18, so by the time I was up, I think everybody was sorta drunk and reeeeeal bored.  But actually, it went better than I ever could have hoped for.  People even laughed! I didn't trip or accidentally break wind so loudly the mic picked it up, which were my two greatest fears.

Whew, it's over, I did it, and I am so so happy!!! I reached out and grabbed my dream and damn near strangled it to death.

Anyway, here's the video.  I hope you enjoy it, and please let me know what you think!!!













4 comments:

  1. Girrl, you got style. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave mandy!! I would've peed my pants!! Love the nipple joke, hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Amanda!!! It was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done, but it was also one of the most fun!!! I'm glad you like the nipple joke, that one's my fave. Haha!

    ReplyDelete