Monday, June 4, 2012

Countdown to Standup, T-minus 2

Remember how I told you, my beautiful blog readers, about how I'm going to Billings June 6th to try stand up comedy at an open mic?  Um, well, it's June 4th right now... You know what that means???  That I'm typing this instead of practicing like I should be???  Well, yes, but that's not the point. 

I have two days left until my big debut...

Two.

Days.

How do I feel???  I am alternately excited and so scared that I almost cry a little. 

Oh, I know that sounds a little sad, but my tear ducts are directly connected to my every emotion, so that's really very normal.

I'm planning on having my friend record the whole thing for me, so if it goes well I'll post the video for my blog on Friday.  If I crash and burn, I will be burning the evidence of my humiliation in a ritualistic fire situation.

Anyway, I just thought you might like to know that I haven't chickened out. Yet. I'm comforting myself by saying that I still have some time to be a chicken if I really must.

Aaaaaah!  So please, say a little prayer for me, your dear friend, who is freaking out just a little.  Or a lot.  Depends on the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment