Friday, May 4, 2012

Germ Watch 2012

I'm dying. Well, not really, but I'm super sick and I have a flair for the dramatic, which translates to basically the same thing. I won't disgust you with the details, but let's just say my nasal passages are a mess. It's a freaking abomination in there. Do you know how dangerous it would be for me to attempt a blog in my current condition? My head could literally just fall right off. Well, maybe not literally, but again, I feel it's important to sprinkle in a little drama. Trust me, you wouldn't want to read a blog I wrote in my present state. The only think I can think about is how to get my ears to pop so I can hear again and some of the ideas I've come up with are not pleasant. But ya know what? I may be too busy laying on my death bed and wallowing in misery to blog, but I would never, EVER leave you hanging. Therefore, I submit the following for your reading pleasure... A short conversation between my husband and I that made me laugh and hopefully will do the same for you. Enjoy!

Me: "You know what I hate? Those people who have to constantly correct you. Like if you accidentally spell something wrong or type the wrong word, they'll have to make sure to "jokingly" tell you you were wrong or correct your grammar. That is like my freaking pet peeve. Aaaaargh!!! It's like they might as well say, "I'm smarter than you. You're stupid, I'm smart, so I just wanted to let you know what you did wrong." It's sooooo annoying!!!"

Kyle: "You mean, you don't just say the most cutting and terrible thing you can think of when they do that? So they never do it again?"

Me: "What? What do you mean?"

Kyle: "You know, if someone corrects your grammar you just say the meanest thing you can think of."

Me: "Seriously? Um... Babe, that's not normal."

Kyle: "It isn't?"

Me: "So someone says to you, "It's whom, not who." And you scream, "Well you're fat and I've never really liked you!!!"

Kyle: "That's not normal?"

Me: "No dear, I'm afraid not."

*End Scene*

I'm truly sorry for leaving you blog-less, but I'm going to try and write something this weekend when I'm feeling a little better to make up for it. I hope you all have a wonderful week full of open nasal passages and unfettered hearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment