Thursday, April 12, 2012

Comedy and terror, a heady combination...

Hello my sweet and beautiful friends! Yes, I'm sucking up to you... But only because I love and appreciate you so much (yes, still sucking)!

For those of you that have been following my blog for awhile, you may be wondering why my big stand up comedy open mic night came and went with nary a word spoken by this illustrious (I use the term loosely) blogger. Well, that's because I didn't do it.

No, I didn't chicken out! How dare you?!? As the time approached and I was making my arrangements, I had a sudden realization that the open mics are only on Wednesdays... Why did I just suddenly realize that? Because I'm not what you would call a "thinker" I guess. You probably already knew that, though...

Anyway, I have a kid in school and I can't just go jaunting merrily off to do open mics on a school night. That would mean that my husband would be in charge of getting the children dressed and fixing their hair in the morning and they would go to school looking like a blind crazy person dressed them. I don't even want to get into what happened the last time he did their hair... Suffice it to say, lotion was used to smooth down the flyaways and it was NOT pretty.

So, my big stand up debut date has moved to June 6th...


Wish me luck, I'm going to need it! The thought alone leaves me in the grips of a terror I can't fully describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment